1.6K views

I Tanika Whitfield am a former student of Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale and I am in a rage of how I was done at this place.As of August 26, 2010 I was in a altercation with another student, was called a *** ***, threat was in process and in self defense I took action but not physical.

I am thrown out of school to live on the streets while the other student had no punishment.

I really hope this place is sued for every dime that we have spent.I heard out degree isn't real as well this is a disgrace I am homeless and they don't even care.

Had an Experience with The Art Institute?

Comments

this school is a rip off!!!!!!!!do not go!

its a scam! they promised that my professors would have experience in the fashion industry and guaranteed a job upon graduation. what a complete lie!

i never once had a professor that was eligible, all my "professors" were teachers just seeking a part time job!

San Francisco, California, United States #840668

I went to Ai and the staff over there were completely unprofessional and they lied about jobs. They also teach very horrible and they don't care about students. I hope the government shuts them down for this scam that the Ai are doing

The Art Institute of Washington aka the "ARTIFICIAL INSTITUTE" is the worst art school ever!!I was there for 3 years and left almost a year ago because they were terrible and just plain awful.

I didn't graduate there but I was very close to graduation. They only care about the money. The teachers were terrible. One in particular is a complete joke.

The chairperson there is also a mess. He is so oblivious acting like he can help solve your problems when he can't at all. He never is really when you need him for help. Plus, the major I was in was very small hardly anyone joined it.

My advice to anyone interested in art schools: DON'T GO!!

Save your money and go somewhere else.

They will rip you off just like what they did to me.Believe me it's not worth it at all.

The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale is really terrible.Currently the dorms are an old hotel with mold/mildew.

It is VERY cramped in most rooms. Paying $750 a month for a room where you literally have no room from your bed to the desk to the dresser? Sorry, ripoff. The education isn't very good either.

The kit they gave me for fashion design had industrial design items and absolutely NOTHING I could use except maybe rubber cement. I was given the wrong sizes if papers and sketchbooks and when I needed to use the book and hand in a drawing for homework it broke the books binding and ripped my paper because it wasn't a a book the has tear-away pages. This kit cost $600 and was non-refundable (I was told this, others were able to refund after me). The classes are taught in ways that if you become lost, you will be too embarrassed to speak up.

Tutoring there sucks, and that is if they email you back and let you know they are available. Financial aid gets very snippy and literally talks to you like you are *** and rips you off. I started in July, they said I started in June and graduated 7 days later in July! So now I am paying back loans while in school instead of 6 months after graduation.

If you are unable to make payments on time (or with in the time frame) they kick you out of school and housing THAT DAY. Someone recently had to wait in the tv room for two days because the homeless shelter couldn't take them that day and they couldn't go...

Very small mini fridge. If you need a stove or oven you need to use it before the lobby closes. A lot of roach, rat, bedbug, and raccoon problems. The academic adviser for fashion hasn't emailed me back about scheduling and class issues.

I emailed her on several occasions throughout my stay here and not once has she called or emailed me back... I had to go to the dean and get help with my class issues. So for the price and debt this school is pumping in and out of my wallet, it is so not worth it.

They recently fired a ton of teachers to cut budget issues.They got rid of the on site print center and got rid of the broadcasting rooms and major.

Wow.....I've noticed only Art Institute of Charlotte is not listed.

Ai Charlotte helps it's students and every student gets a job when they leave from there. It's different than the other Ai companies.

I feel so bad for those of u who had a bad experience.Housing sucks but the education is excellent :)

miss Uneek
Old Bridge Township, New Jersey, United States #596027

sorry to hear that i too was scammed from the art institue of lies i was kicked out of the school for tell an empoyee to do there *** job when i wouldnt sign a waiver not to say anything further about the school i was kick out no other college will touch ai credits so now i have to start all over as a freshman when i was a senior and my cre3dits meaan nothing plus im still on the hook for 60k

Shaun Tsunami I went to that school as well.such a waste of time and a useless degree, I also had classes with instructors.

I couldnt believe my instructor was my actual classmate. unbelievable. The instructors I had didnt even teach, I can only think of one instructor who made an impact on my learning experience, and that was in my final quarter, they gave me and advanced after effects class and a beginners class in the same quarter. The only reason I stayed at the school is because they lied about the accreditation, promised job placement, and said I would be able to pursue a masters when i was done.

I have not received not one job opportunity based on my education there, my credits dont transfer, and The degree has not opened any doors for me at all.now im 90,000 in student loan debt, they cant even verify the exact figures of the loans I was charged for, and my credit was ruined.

The Art Insitute in Las Vegas had be get student loans and I used up all of my Vet benefits and had one term to graduate and they would not let me enroll to finnish.I had no money and ended up working at Home Depot.

I owe $90,000 that I will have to pay back no job. The instructors of some of my classes where my class mates.

It seems like all of the teachers are friends and family members.One teacher teaches video productions and I had to teach her how to use the equipment.

to Shaun Tsunami #989312

shaun have you joined the "art institutes suck" group on Facebook?

It's not just The Art Institutes!

Art Center College of Design in Pasadena California is much worse, with higher costs that put students in debt for $200,000+ after graduating. And of course there's no guarantee that you'll land a job that relates with anything you went to school for. I know, because unfortunately I went there and have since defaulted.

Stop ripping on The Art Institutes - they are way less expensive, and they have several student success stories. Just like any other money sucking college.

You can't tell me that 'non-profit' colleges are any better than 'for profit' colleges, all of them put people in tremendous student loan debt upon graduating. It's the American way!