I was lied to about documentation and costs and amount of credit transfer.My whole associate's degree only transferred 16 of 109 credits.

I was allowed to start on the first day and they said aid would be finalized after receipt of documentation from my doctor that I could attend. (I am disabled.) Then they threatened to charge me cash because I started class. This is a not very professional outfit. Avoid at all costs.......

They make young kids do their dirty work. The quality it awful and the cost is astronomical.

You could attend an ivy league school for the amount they want to charge you!Beware!!!!!

Had an Experience with The Art Institute?

Comments

#1042010

They lied to me and said I would be able to transfer credits and can't, bullied me in to so many loans. And yes I mean bullied, had me crying, threatening me and everything. Do not go here, avoid at all cost!

I went and enrolled in the Tucson campus my teacher Chappell Linda made us constantly spend money on projects it was hard for a high school graduate trying to make the rent anyways I had unenrolled myself but a week later I got a letter from Sallie Mae saying the Art Institute was still accepting loan money for a student they don't have I'm currently disputing the issue

I felt I got a great education at AiP, but the costs are indeed outrageous (my degree, without financial aid, would have cost $103,000, and that's with housing) and Career Services is absolutely godawful at what they do. I had told my career adviser that I wished to do freelance work from home since I wasn't willing to move away...the one freelance site they did lead me to is full of stingy people who think that a dollar an hour is a reasonable rate for an artist. Other job leads they sent me were on-site and in cities far from where I lived, and one they sent me was even a scam.

I also say this on behalf of a friend who graduated recently and in terms of Career Services. His adviser's idea of finding him work was, "Oh, a buddy of mine needs someone to work for him." The job my friend was given after spending thousands upon thousands of dollars for his education in graphic design was some grunt work job at a bronze factory.

I thought people went to college and got degrees so they wouldn't have to do such work. If that's the best Career Services can do as far as finding graduates jobs, either the department needs to hire some competent people, or the school needs to re-evaluate what they are teaching the students if all they can churn out are designers and chefs who are only good enough to do factory labor.

Career Services (and the financial department) need to learn to LISTEN to the students. For the amount of money a bachelor's degree cost from...

I also hated that there was no health center and no student insurance plan at this school. What, students don't get sick? Their idea of a health center was a counselor who would give people stress balls. That's great, if you want a stress ball...but what about uninsured students who get sick? The school needs a nurse.

Overall? I liked my experience with instructors, but the rest of the staff made me want to scream.

Want to help expose the Art Institutes?

need a forum to talk about the things they have done to you?

Join us students and friends at

WWW. SUEAINOW .COM

ALL NEW AND FRESH SITE!!!!

Want to help expose the Art Institutes?

need a forum to talk about the things they have done to you?

Join us students and friends at

WWW. SUEAINOW .COM

ALL NEW AND FRESH SITE!!!!