I am an ex Art Institute student I went to AI of Fort Worth were they handed out A's to students just for showing up to class.I couldnt believe this was really happening I have learned nothing and having nothing to show for my time spent there.

Infact now they tell me that I owe them alot of money, not only that but 5 out of the 12 classes I took there are being dropped from their course requirements yet they offered no refund of any kind, how is this legal?

I would describe the school itself as an overpriced day care center for adults.If there's anyone out there who knows a way of making this right I would be extremeley greatful.

Had an Experience with The Art Institute?

Comments

I enrolled into the Art Institute of Pittsburg nearly 9 months ago.They tricked me into signing loans.

I should have read what I was signing, but I don't even know how to explain the process that took place. I can't afford the debt they have gotten me into. I have gotten no help from my financial advisor since the beginning. They are even refusing to send me stipends that were left over from the loans/grants that I took out.

Honestly; I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I just wanted to be a photographer. Now; I have great concerns about what the future is going to hold and what I have allowed them to get me into. Please give me some information.

I don't know whether to drop out of the school before accumulating anymore debt or what?I'm already in over my head.

It's not just The Art Institutes!

Art Center College of Design in Pasadena California is much worse, with higher costs that put students in debt for $200,000+ after graduating. And of course there's no guarantee that you'll land a job that relates with anything you went to school for. I know, because unfortunately I went there and have since defaulted.

Stop ripping on The Art Institutes - they are way less expensive, and they have several student success stories. Just like any other money sucking college.

You can't tell me that 'non-profit' colleges are any better than 'for profit' colleges, all of them put people in tremendous student loan debt upon graduating. It's the American way!

Please contact me for help in fighting the Art Institutes. The Justice Department is suing EDMC and we students need to make sure that we are paid damages to pay off the loans we took out to go to this scam school. wolf.rikk@gmail.com

Hi David,

Unfortunately Sofie's story isn't unique. It seems to be happening in ALL AI/EDMC schools.

They're debt factories. :(

-Mike

victim of AI in Boston.

mikehext@gmail.com

The Art Institutes SUCK! Look up our support group on Facebook.

Sophie, Don't feel bad, I'm sure everything will be fine.I'd like to help you somehow, but I'm not sure if I can.

But I am a reporter and I'm investigating stories like yours.

Did you already sign forms?What kind of school are you going into?

miss Uneek
to David Old Bridge Township, New Jersey, United States #596023

I went to the art institue and was also scammed they told me so mnay lies when i finally started demand answers i was kicked out the school and told i would only be allowed back in if i promiss to keep my mouth closed i later found out my credits mean nothing and i am out of 60k we need help the govt law suit dose not help harry lipmans office is repersenting former employers not the students! They wanted me to help the former employers im like what aboput us we were the ones being lied to we are the ones in debt they was not interested!

this is sooo much info.I don't know what to do. I am about to enter this school.. I am tooo poor to be trick>>>> I wanna cry

to Sophie Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States #651517

dont go, choose a different school !!