The Art Institute of Pittsburgh Scam and help
Update added by user May 22, 2015
This is what we need to do.The Art Institute of Pittsburgh is on the Department of Education's watch list.
Now this means that there is enough complaints out there, and review of their documentation to warrant suspicion. The only way the many of us that got screwed due to documentation that was falsified to the Department of Education, and substandard education is to unify as one. We all need to work together and get our names and contact information with one source. Once we have this we will know the numbers and then we can present to a class action lawyer.
We all have grounds to be thoroughly disgusted. We do not stand a chance unless we unite and find a lawyer willing to go the extra mile. To press the issue keep in mind that The Art Institute of Pittsburgh Online is on the Department of Education watch list so there is some information and statistics that put them here.
We all need to work together, gather names, and refuse to give up.This school is a fraud!
Original review posted by user Dec 12, 2012
I actually have a class action lawyer that is interested in this. Very interested in this as a matter of fact. He said I need to gather names, email addresses and full letters detailing exactly what transpired.
I wrote him because I was told when I started that coming in with credits for an Associates in Fine Art, that most of my classes would transfer in, and it would only cost me around 50,000. Then when I questioned 50,000 I was told that it would not be an issue because they had an excellent Financial Aid Division, they had scholarships, and the whole thing would be covered. Then they said they had job placement. Did you guys talk to Mark Wilhelm and Orland Pullen and did they give you the same line?
Well four months ago I got a call from Eric Medsger in the Financial Aid office saying that I had no more funds left with FAFSA to pay for school. When I questioned this because of what was said at admission I was told at this point not to worry they had help for students like me. I am an honor student and a good artist. Well September came and I got a bill for tuition. I called Eric back. I asked about the tuition assistance and was told that they had stopped the program the month before. I said well why did you tell me you had one then? I paint with a group of painters and was telling them about it. They got with people they know who were willing to donate some money to help, but they wanted The Art Institute of Pittsburgh to make good on their promise in writing before they would pay anything. I called Eric back and he said the only way that the AI could do that was if I proved I could not get a personal loan, and that I had applied for scholarships. Well that wasn't hard to do because my husband and I live on his Social Security. That is why I went back to school to become the breadwinner because my husband went blind. So when the bank looked at the student loans that AI has sucked out of FAFSA and our income they said no way. Got the denial. Went to the internet and downloaded all the scholarships I had applied for. I sent this to them on September 19th 2012. The next week I got an email for tuition from AI, On 9/22, I called Eric again and asked what was going on with the information and letter I wrote and he said they were working on it. I called again on 9/27 because I got a bill in the mail. I was told they were working on it. I resent the information again just to make sure they had it. On October 12, 2012 I sent Eric an email
asking where they were on it because the people that wanted to help were getting to the point they said they felt the school was being dishonest with me and were seriously urging me to go to a lawyer. I called again on October 18th, October 25th, and November the 1st with no response. Finally on November 6 I got to speak with Eric and he said he had given it to his supervisor because he could not make a decision like that. He said she had been out due to surgery but was in today going through the stuff on desk. He would go tell her my file needed pulled. Well I waited and waited, and waited. The week after Thanksgiving I called and couldn't get an answer so I had to leave a message. No response yet again. Then on Monday of this week December 10, 2012 I called Mrs. Eglar-blisky because clearly the financial aid office was avoiding the calls. I asked for the number for the college president, George W. Sebolt. She said you know I can't do that. You have to follow a chain of command. I was upset and said I have tried that route for three months and it isn't working. She said she would walk over there and talk to the financial aid manager personally. Guess what? No phone call, I have sat home all week and there has been no phone call. They know I have the money if they agree to honor their word, but they have no intention of following their word. What is worse is when I asked Eric what would happen if I could not get the aid when this first came up I was told I would be dropped, and responsible for paying back student loans in six months. These people are liars and criminals. So if you got the same or worse please email me at email@example.com and tell your story, who you talked to when you signed on, what you were told, and an email address so the lawyer willing to take this case can get back to you.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "As a community college student, clearly I'm not swimming in money; I'm TRYING to complete a simple 2 year degree at a community college to go to a University so..."
- "During my BCNH diploma in Nutritional Therapy I dropped out, because I felt deceived by BCNH, due to concerns related to: 1) lack of transparency, 2) inadequate teaching methodologies, expertise..."
- "THE COLLEGE IS NOT PROVIDING THE STUDENTS WITH INTERNSHIP AND 2 YEAR WORK PERMIT IN MALDIVES AS PROMISED. Whereas promises were made to us and students that if student completes his..."
- "It was one of the 2 for $1 bags, but it was still supposed to be 1&1/8 oz (31.8g) in there. I could hear the rustle of a couple..."
- "My husband purchased this bag for me at the Coach Outlet in Calhoun, GA as my Christmas gift. I have had it less than 6 months, and other than wearing..."
- "I ordered what I thought would be a dozen long stem red roses and babies breath with a box of Godiva chocolates and a teddy bear for my wife for..."
- "Hello Everyone, I am Mrs Jenna from Texas, USA. I will like to share the goodness of God in my life after so many months of trying to get a loan..."
- "I went to this store to purchase a shower gift only to find the item pictured below. I was then told by Jeff Gieb at the Edgewood Town Center..."
- "We pay next-day delivery, and yet they remorselessly say "walang assurance" that your item will arrive on the said day. Item was supposed to arrive May 28 but it hasn't..."